Sunday, July 1, 2007

We're Back

Well, I am back to the blog. Our two week vacation has come to an end. I just dropped our friends Will and Jen off at the maglev station bound for the airport, and then onto the U.S. I have to say, Phil and I are sad to see them go. Seeing them was great, but having the time off to travel with them and hang out was just what we needed.

As we suspected, the two weeks they were here flew by. A few days after they arrived in Shanghai, barely over jet lag, we headed off to Beijing via overnight sleeper train. Once in Beijing, we went on a whirlwind tour of some of the major sites in the city. We have a ton of pictures, and thanks to Will, we will have them posted shortly along with stories of our travels.

Once back in Shanghai, we took a day off to rest, and then proceeded to explore the city for the rest of the week. It was nice being a "tourist" in the city we live in. We found some cool new places, but also revisited some places we had forgotten about. I am quite sure that you could do something different in this city every day for a year- there is just so much to do here.

As soon as I get organized and get all the pictures together, I will be posting pictures and stories of our recent travels.

Stay tuned- Phil and Jen

No comments: