Monday, August 18, 2008

A sure sign that it's hot in the city...

I've been back for 2 weeks now. It's particularly strange to me how time has passed in the last two weeks. You know how people talk about time flying by while standing still? There have been points in my life where I felt this way, but I can say that I really truly feel this way right now. It almost feels like I have been stuck in an episode from the twilight zone. On one hand, it's like I just got back; on another, it's like I've been back for months.

My first week back was spent on the couch (thanks to the flu). My second week was spent making up for the month I was gone (and the week I was on the couch). I have successfully shoved a months worth of activities into one week. Needless to say, it's been tiring. Good, but tiring.

Being gone for the month of July was a nice break from Shanghai's summer heat. Until yesterday, I actually thought I might have avoided most of the suffocating heat. But alas, it has weighed it's ugly mass over the city. Just when you think it can't get hotter or more miserable- it does. One sure sign of this heat: men in nothing but their whitey tighties hanging it all out there for passersby to marvel at. And who can blame them really? 100 + degrees with equalling humidity, no air conditioning in their cramped little homes... I just might be coming out to the street in my undies looking for a little relief as well. OK, maybe not. Just trying to relate here.

Either way- it makes for interesting sightseeing and photos.

As soon as the heat lifts, I look forward to getting out and taking photos. I finally got a small camera to carry around at all times. I realize how many pictures I have missed because I didn't want to lug around the behemoth (which I love and appreciate greatly by the way). So as soon as I get the little camera back from a friend who has borrowed it, I will get back to taking pictures.

Until then...

1 comment:

Will said...

Thanks for not sharing the men-in-underwear pics...