Monday, February 9, 2009

Back Home

We're back from the US. I enjoyed my trip home. I loved seeing family and friends and spending time with the people we love.

I am really happy to be back in Shanghai though. After 2.5 weeks and 7 different beds, my body and mind needed my bed, my home, and my routines. I wouldn't describe myself as a creature of habit, but living the life of an expatriate and traveling as much as we are blessed to; has certainly brought out more of my "routine prone" side.

Phil and I flew into Shanghai on Sunday afternoon and went right into the swing of things on Monday morning. Phil went into work and has an insanely full schedule. I am starting my full time Mandarin lessons this afternoon (poor teacher gets my jet-lagged brain for a few more days :). It's as if time didn't stop- we just slotted right back into the insanity of our lives here... And I love it!

-Phil and Jen

No comments: