Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

The grey fog of winter has once again rested itself upon the city. It turns out that the beautiful spring-like weather we had been experiencing was a mere tease. Days like these make Phil and I want to curl up, order take-out, and watch a movie. Today is a different day however. Phil and I, both feeling a bit stir-crazy, have this unusual desire to get dressed up and go out for a night on the town. So, considering the fact that it is Valentine's Day (a holiday we would normally never celebrate), we thought it a great excuse to make reservations at one of our favorite Western restaurants. I can already taste the bread and olive oil, the wine, and ooh the mango souffle!

Since I already know what I'm going to eat, I should probably figure out what I am going to wear...

1 comment:

Will said...

You did celebrate Valentine's Day 2 years ago, maybe 3 now (just before you left), with Jen and me at The French Laundry! A celebration tradition we continued w/ the Niedzinski's this year - it was scrumptuous as always.