Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Paris

It's Thanksgiving and Phil and I are in Paris. I have to say that the next best thing to being home with our family enjoying pumpkin pie and turkey, is being here in Paris enjoying the amazing food, rich history, and romantic streets.

This morning I traveled to the other side of Paris for a morning market tour/ cooking class. We have spent the last four days ravenously exploring the city sites. We have climbed the Eiffel Tower, toured the city by bike at night, visited the Notre Dam, seen the Sacre Coeur, wandered the streets of the Latin Quarter, cruised along the Seine at night, visited the Palace of Versailles, and the list goes on. I have to say that of all of the sites we visited and all of the things we have done- the cooking class was my absolute favorite thing on this trip.

Food is the heartbeat of culture; particularly French culture. I feel like more than any other time in this trip, I was able to truly experiene the essence and heartbeat of French culture.

Off to the next adventure!

Phil and Jen

No comments: