Monday, December 1, 2008

Nothing Tastes as it Should

It's Tuesday morning here in Shanghai and nothing tastes right! I can't seem to make a drinkable cup of coffee, and it's driving me crazy.


We've been back from Paris for 2 days now. Shanghai has been kind upon our return. The weather has been beautiful- with blue skies and 60 degree days since our return. But everything tastes awful! For any of you who have eaten your way through France like Phil and I just attempted to do- you might be able to appreciate my sentiments. For those of you who have lived in China and have been forced to dumb down your taste and food expectations in order to "enjoy" western food here- you can also appreciate where I am coming from. For the rest of you- you are wondering what the heck I am rambling on about...perhaps even thinking I am crazy.

No comments: