Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shanghai Blizzards

The weather has been unusually beautiful all week. Sunshine, blue skies and 50 degree temperatures have been gracing Shanghai with their presence. Today is a very different day however. Alas, I fear the winter fog is upon us.

Saturday has ushered in a fog so thick it seems to have swallowed the city. As I look out the window of my apartment into the void of white- I feel strangely cut off and isolated from the bustling world that lay beneath.

Days like today are like snowstorms back in Michigan. Shanghai doesn't really experience snow, and on the rare occasion that it does- the snow fades away in hours. So I will call this fog a blizzard. After all, like a snowstorm, these fog blizzards makes you feel sleepy and lethargic; wanting nothing more than to curl up on the couch and watch a good movie.

No comments: